“Effective leadership builds and promotes a positive organisational culture and a professional learning community" ~ ACECQA
Our leadership team has an influential role in promoting positive outcomes for children, their families and the wider community. This is a collaborative endeavour with our Educational Leader that involves inquiry and reflection, and the development and implementation of quality educational curriculums, assessments and planning cycles for children (or children’s learning). Our leadership team supports the Educational Leader to effect positive change, and to mentor and guide our educators in their practices.
We have been awarded for our outstanding educational leadership by the Launceston City Council, recognising the work we do both in service and within our community.
Our educational leader is a qualified and experienced educator who leads the development and implementation of the curriculum, while supporting and mentoring educators to further develop their knowledge and understanding of early childhood education. This role also includes guiding and developing educators’ and families’ understandings about play-based learning and the significance of early childhood education. Our educational leader has an influential role to inspire, motivate and also challenge the practice and pedagogy of our educators. The role of the educational leader is primarily to:
- Collaborate with educators and provide curriculum direction and guidance
- Support educators to effectively implement the cycle of planning to enhance curriculums and practices
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective educational curriculum in the service
- Ensure that children’s learning and development are guided by the practices, principles and learning outcomes of the approved learning Frameworks
- Building the knowledge, skills and professionalism of educators
- Establish a culture of professional inquiry with educators, to develop professional knowledge, reflect on practice and generate new ideas.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" ~ Nelson Mandela